Image by Idea Go

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Soul-stice

Winter 2009
Photo Tina Phillips
Soulstice (The Darkest Night of My Life)

We met in the dead of winter
December never felt so warm
Even though those nights were long and dark
Time with you was never enough
They said it was the winter solstice
The longest night of the year
It felt like the shortest nights of my life
When you held me so near

It felt like the middle of summer
With days so hot and bright
Even though it was the winter solstice
those were the shortest nights of my life

That morning that you left me
My heart spilling tears on the floor
I didn’t know I could ever feel this way
I’d never hurt like this before
It felt like the dead of winter
Though it must have been June or July
Even though they called it summer solstice
those were the longest nights of my life

Autumn has come with its equal light
And I’m more balanced too
Living in the past’s just not my style
Still when I think of you….I think
It felt like the dead of winter
Though it must have been June or July
I know it was the summer solstice
But I swear, it was the longest night of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment